Historical Farm Villa
São Miguel, Azores
Property with five bedrooms house, inserted in a operating vegetable production farm
Property with the charm of cultural and historical interest, which is mentioned in the book “Saudades da minha Terra” written by the Azorean chronicler and historian Gaspar Frutuoso, having been the summer home of the fifth Donatory Captain of São Miguel Island, Rui Gonçalves da Câmara.
Located in the center of the island, in an area of agricultural lands, 15 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes from the center of Ponta Delgada and 5 minutes from the center of Lagoa.
In the last 15 years, the house has been subject to deep and extensive renovations, being in a good state of conservation.
Great potential for tourist exploitation, as the house consists of two housing units with independent entrances, which are currently connected by an interior access that can easily be closed, and there is also the possibility of easily increasing the total number of bedrooms.
It consists of 3 floors, with the ground floor being set up to function as an independent apartment, with a bedroom, a large living room, fully equipped kitchen, full bathroom, laundry area, storage room, and a garage.
The first floor has two bedrooms, one is a suite with a walk in closet and a full bathroom, office, living room with fireplace, dining room, fully equipped kitchen (built in 2017), one more full bathroom and laundry room.
The second floor has two bedrooms and a full bathroom.
- Greenhouse (40m x 8m), which works with a hydroponic system with an underground tank of 3000 liters and two large deep water culture tanks measuring 34m x 2m each.
- Warehouse (15m x 3.90m) with a cold storage chamber (3.80m x 2.20m) equipped with WiFi remote control.
- Annex (3.80m x 3.60m) for cleaning and preparing vegetables.
- Additional covered area (9.20m x 4.20m) which is currently being used as a support building.
- Ruined stone building (4.20m x 3.10m) that can be easily rebuilt.
- Several plots of land used for planting vegetables.
- Large open field with recent planting of various types of avocados, citrus and other fruit trees.
The property is currently operating as a production and sale activity, but if there is no interest in continuing the activity, the greenhouse can be easily dismantled and the warehouse and other support buildings can be converted into tourist accommodation units.
House for Sale
Land Area (sqm)
Floor Area (sqm)
360º Virtual Tour
São Miguel, Azores